Sunday, April 17, 2011

Two and a half weeks and......

no allergic reaction to the Diamox! So far so good. I am going to try and get a hold of the doc tomorrow to talk to her and see if I can up the Diamox and begin on the Topamax. I hate being on Diamox, but if it helps with the headaches, how can I not take it? It gives me nasty acid reflux, nausea, and makes me vomit. And the worst thing, I can't be out in the sun at all on the medication. It's not a huge deal yet, but I enjoy swimming during the summer. The headaches are definitely improving. I feel like I have made a huge leap forward. They are less in both severity and frequency, but I'm also trying not to take that for granted. I know they can come back at any time and with a vengeance! The whooshing sounds seem to be increasing a bit right now, so that leads me to believe that my pressure is up again. I'm hoping that doesn't mean another tap, but we will have to play it by ear (no pun intended!) and see. A little less than two months and we are done with school. The day after we finish up, I'm having foot surgery, so that'll put me out of commission for almost half the summer. As always, thanks for reading. It's nice to have the support and to also be a support for others with this disease.

PS. Anyone who is reading this and is on Topamax....there was a recall of more than 57,000 bottles of the meds because of a strange odor. So, do a search on google and immediately stop taking them!

No comments:

Post a Comment